CAPE WEST COAST FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION
The Cape West Coast Fire Protection Association is situated in the Western Cape Province. Boundaries extend in the south from Diep River (the northern boundary of the Cape Town Metro pole), along the South African west coast in the west;and along the N7 in the east - bypassing Malmesbury and Morreesburg, up to De Hoek. The northern boundary is where the eastern boundary cuts west towards the coast along the Berg River, towards the river mouth in Velddrif. The area of the Cape West Coast FPA amounts to approximately 555 609 hectares.
The CWCFPA aims to contribute to community development by eliminating loss of life and human in-jury in veld fires, progressively reducing impacts on property, job creation and environmental values while promoting the useful role of veld fires as a management tool. The CWCFPA also aims to successfully implement an integrated fire management strategy that will contribute to community development and local economic development.
This document sets out the strategy for managing these risks, and the operational plans to support this strategy. It sets out requirements for monitoring and review of the strategy, as well as the rules that the Cape West Coast FPA members have bound themselves to observe.
The following documents (some still under development) are representative of the current organisational state of the Cape West Coast Fire Protection Association (CWCBR).
The original Microsoft Excel documents are protected from accidental overwriting and the opening of Acrobat PDF documents require the free Acrobat PDF Reader from ADOBE - GET IT HERE
- CWCFPA BUSINESS PLAN DOWNLOAD PDF
- RISK RATING INDEX - should be read in conjunction with the Business Plan
(Sections 4.8, 4.9, 6 and 8.6) aboveDOWNLOAD XLS
- CWCFPA FINANCIAL PLAN DOWNLOAD PDF
- CWCFPA LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS DOWNLOAD PDF
- Department of Water Affairs and Forestry FIRE DANGER RATINGS DOWNLOAD PDF
- DEFINITION OF TERMS - (Appendix 1) - DOWNLOAD PDF
- FIRE BREAK GUIDELINES (Annexure D) DOWNLOAD PDF
- Executive Committee TERMS OF REFERENCE (DRAFT JUNE 2005) - DOWNLOAD PDF
- CWCFPA CONSTITUTION DOWNLOAD PDF
- CWCFPA RULES Including Code of Conduct (DRAFT JUNE 2005) - DOWNLOAD PDF
- CWCFPA BUDGET DOWNLOAD XLS
- CWCFPA BUDGET (incl. Fire Fighting)DOWNLOAD XLS
- FPA TRAINING: Vyftien sleutels vir effektiewe veldbrand bestryding Download DOC
- National Veld and Forest Fire Act, 1998 (Act No. 101 of 1998) Download PDF
- Aansoek om Brand Permit Download DOC